Nominations for election are open to all community and voluntary groups/organisations within the local authority area of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown who meet the eligibility criteria as detailed below. Groups/organisations interested in going forward for election are requested to fill out a nomination form and return by the closing date 12noon, on the 23rd February 2009 or contact William Morton on 086-6017477 ASAP to obtain further information.
Groups Eligibility to Nominate
A group will be deemed eligible to nominate a candidate to stand as a Community Representative on the Joint Policing Committee, if the following criteria is met:
1. The group mainly operates within the County area of the Joint Policing Committee
2. Has held a least 1 Annual General Meeting
3. Maintains a Bank Account
4. Holds regular meetings
5. Written Constitution/Framework
6. Written Minutes/Records
7. Is not a Sub-Committee of another group
8. May be affiliated to an umbrella Organisation/Group
(not already represented on the committee)
9. Community Representatives must reside in the part of the County they are representing.
10. The persons elected will to the best of their ability attend all Joint Policing Committee meetings and represent the views of the community sector and not only those of their nominating organisations.
The person elected will agree to attend and report on a quarterly basis to the Community and Voluntary Forum Working Group meetings.